Monday, January 20, 2014

Week 33: TRANSFERS

Dear everyone,

This is going to be short.  But here are some things.  

BAPTISMAL DATE: We made a solid baptismal date with Brother Yoshida!  We had a super stellar doseki (member present) who told Brother Yoshida that the sisters were servants of God and he should listen to whatever we say, haha, even get baptized on February 9th.

OPENING: President Budge called this morning and I get to open a new and undisclosed location (I'll tell next week!)  I will say that I feel like I hit the jackpot.  It just became part of the mission over the summer and is still untouched by sisters, so me and Sister Mondano will be taking it on starting Thursday.  Details to come ...

In light of things that happened at home this week, I read President Monson's talk "I Will Not Fail Thee, nor Forsake Thee," and I really loved the following.

Good timber does not grow with ease,
The stronger wind, the stronger trees.
The further sky, the greater length.
The more the storm, the more the strength.
By sun and cold, by rain and snow,
In trees and men good timbers grow.  
-Doug Malloch

"This should be our purpose--to persevere and endure, yes, but also to become more spiritually refined as we make our way through sunshine and sorrow.  Were it not for challenges to overcome and problems to solve, we would remain much as we are, with little or no progress toward our goal of eternal life."

It's bittersweet leaving Chiba.  I've been here 6 months, but I think it's probably time to start somewhere new.  

Until next week!

Sister Margaret 

(Monday, January 20, 2014)

Pic 1 : Pic 1: Last week of kids eikaiwa (English conversation class that the missionaries teach for free)!  I had to beg them to get this picture

Pic 2: Us and the Yoshida kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment