Monday, August 18, 2014

Week 63 No Transfer

Dearest family and friends,

Happy Monday.
This email is going to be short.

I picked up the phone this morning thinking it was one of our
investigators who always calls from a pay phone, only to be surprised
by President Budge's voice on the other end to tell me that I am
staying in Togane. Hallelujah!

I attended a funeral for the elderly mother of a member in the ward.
Sister Tan (who I live with) and I were recruited for an emergency
musical number and we rummaged through all our vacuum-bagged winter
clothes for a solid black outfit. It was sad. But it would be a whole
lot sadder if we didn't have the plan of salvation. (For reference, I
like Alma 34 and 40).

There were so many tender little mercies this week. A mission
president that lets me use all of his Kleenex during interviews. Haha.
Scriptures that I've read over and over that suddenly strike me with
new meaning. A hamburger made on an American-style grill.
Investigators that just contact us out of nowhere when we were just
about to give up. Many of our friends coming to church for Sister
Yasui's last week in Togane. There's a lot more.

What tender mercies did you see this week? I'll bet there's a lot.

Love, Sister Margaret


(Monday, August 18)

Pic 1: This reminded me of something that Van Gogh would paint, or something.




No comments:

Post a Comment